Meetings are held every Thursday between 7.00 pm and 11.00 pm at
Royal Navy & Royal Marine Association
Heriot Hill House
1 Broughton Rd
Edinburgh, EH7 4EW
Tel: 0131 556 2973
View Royal Navy & Royal Marine Association, Edinburgh in Google Maps
Members or visitors coming by public transport have a considerable choice. Early in the evening, Lothian Buses numbers 8, 13, 17, 23, 27, and 36 all pass within easy walking distance and numbers 8, 23 and 27 run until late. Timetables and routes can be found on the Lothian Buses website.
Scotland’s premier wargames show, Claymore 2017, will be held on Saturday 5th August, 2017, at Edinburgh College’s Granton Campus. Doors will open to the public at 10.00am.
- Games: As per usual at Claymore there will be a good selection of demonstration and participation games.
- Traders: Claymore normally has over 30 traders attending, a list who attended last year can be found here.
- Bring & Buy: Sell your second hand wargames stuff at our Bring and Buy stand.
- Parking: There are 450 free spaces at the College. People coming to the show should not park in neighbouring Morrisons supermarket car park. If you’re there for more than three hours you will be fined.
- Catering: The college will be opening some of their catering outlets for the duration at the show.
- ATM: A cash machine is available in Morrisons, immediately next door to the College.
350 West Granton Road
Edinburgh EH5 1QE
Buses: The following Lothian Bus services stop outside the Edinburgh College Granton Campus – 8, 14, 16, 47/47X. Full details of all these services can be found on the Lothian Buses website. Single fares are £1.60 for adults and £0.80 for children under 16. Exact change is required.
Coming to Edinburgh by train? Get off at Waverly Station, go up the Waverly Steps to Princes Street and get a bus. The 8, 14 and 16 buses go directly from stops close to Waverly Station. Note that there are no direct buses from Haymarket Station to the college.
Coming to Edinburgh by bus? Get off At the St Andrew Square Bus Station then get a local bus.
Coming by Plane? Take the Airport Bus to the city centre then get a local bus.
For almost fifty years the South East Scotland Wargames Club has been serving wargamers in the Edinburgh area.
Weekly meetings: These are held every Thursday, from 7.00 pm until 11.00 pm in the Royal Navy & Royal Marine Association at 1 Broughton Road, Edinburgh. There’s space for up to fifteeen 6’x4′ gaming tables and we have a good supply of scenery for miniatures games permanently stored on the premises. Other members play board or card games and there’s a bar on site for those who like to have a drink while they are playing.
Games played: There’s a good balance between historical, science fiction and fantasy gaming in the club and if it’s a wargame then someone in the club probably plays it. Pictures of games being played at the club can be seen on our Facebook page.
Claymore: The club organises an annual wargames show, usually held on the first Saturday in August. For many wargamers this show is the highlight of the wargaming year in Scotland and it attracts people from all over the country and also from the North of England. Claymore 2017 will be held on Saturday 5th August, 2017, at Edinburgh College’s Granton Campus. More information here.